Virginia Road Runners Club of AMERICA Virtual Challenge.
I know a lot of you are feeling isolated and really missing running with the group. It obviously doesn’t help that so many of the events we have been looking forward to are being canceled or postponed. One of the best ways we can support the organizations that put on these events we love so much is to run their events virtually when available.
RRCA came up with a great idea to help get the member clubs involved in a little friendly competition. Starting tomorrow April 1st club members who participate in virtual runs affiliated with an RRCA VA member club can submit their time for inclusion in the challenge.
Here are a few of the virtual events that are eligible. Additional runs will be added to the RRCA VA Facebook Page.
- Richmond Road Runners – Quarantown 10K
- Peninsula Track Club – Joe & Sue Moore Memorial 5k
- Shenandoah Valley Runner’s Virtual Series
- Tidewater Striders Quarantine Virtual 5K & 1 Mile
- FARC – Moss Clinic Virtual 5K
We would love to hear your thoughts. Join in the conversation on Facebook.
RRCA Virtual 5K & 10K Club Challenge:
Virtual races/events from April 1st to May 31st for the 5K and 10K distances that have an affiliation with a VA RRCA member club can be used for submitted times. (Other distances might be announced by April 15th and included if there are enough virtual events at each distance to justify the add.)
- Team scoring will be done for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd for both gender divisions for Overall, Masters and Age/gender divisions (Overall, Masters, Age 0-12, Age 13-17, Age 18-24, Age 25-29, Age 30-34, Age 35-39, Age 40-44, Age 45-49, Age 50-54, Age 55-59, Age 60-64, Age 65-69, Age 70-74, Age 75-79, Age 80+) Points will be scored for as follows – 1st 3 points, 2nd, 2 pts, and 3rd 2 pts.–
- Participants can do multiple events virtual events, but only one time counts for each distance.
We are working with VA RRCA to add more eligible virtual events and to solidify details so bare with us. We will follow-up with Team Captain contact information and submission format (most likely Garmin or Strava).