Make sure you don’t miss a post from FARC!
I ask people from the club frequently, “How do you get your updates about FARC?” and the answer is usually Facebook. Unfortunately I also hear that club members miss a lot of information. Hopefully I can help.
The Facebook News Feed can be a bit of a mystery. You see something at the top and wonder why Leslie just finished the Icy 8? Its the middle of summer… only to realize the post is 7 months old.
Did you know you can set preferences for what people and groups you want to see first in your News Feed? Its not what I would call intuitive and the instructions are different depending on if you are on your computer or your phone. Hopefully we can help a little bit.
Instructions for setting News Feed preferences from your computer (https://www.facebook.com/help/1188278037864643):
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy > News Feed Preferences.
- Click See First.
- Select a person or Page to see first by clicking next to their name.
Instructions for the mobile app:
- Tap in the top right of Facebook.
- Scroll down and tap Settings and Privacy > Settings > News Feed Preferences.
- To adjust your News Feed preferences:
- Tap Prioritize who to see first to make posts from people or Pages appear at the top of your News Feed.
- Tap the people or groups that you want to see first.