Grand prix rules
All the details
2020 Prizes and rules will be announced soon.
- For 2020, there are 12 races. To win any prize, you must run at least seven (7) races that are part of the series.
- All award winners must be an active member of FARC on 1 Aug 2020 and on 15 Dec. 2020.
- The following cash titles will be awarded:
- The top three overall males and females 1st: $350 2nd: $200 3rd: $100
- The top three overall Master males and females (40 years and older) 1st: $300 2nd: $200 3rd: $100
- The top three overall Grandmaster males and females (50 years and older) award amounts TBD
- Note: Runners who earn a cash prize but are eligible to compete in high school will be awarded a prize that is worth at least the amount earned, but that will not jeopardize their eligibility.
- A runner may only win one cash title award.
- Runners winning cash title awards will be removed from age group awards.
- The top three males and females in each age group will receive an award.
- All runners finishing seven of the Grand Prix races will receive a unique award recognizing their accomplishment.
- The Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Awards Banquet will be held in January 2021.
Age groups for male and female runners are 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+. Your age on August 1, 2020 will be used to determine which age group you are in. So, if you turn 40 on or before August 1, 2020 you will be scored in the 40-44 category for the Grand Prix series.
HOW POINTS ARE SCORED:
Males run only against males and females run only against females when scoring Grand Prix points. Consider each sex as a separate race. In each race, the first-place finisher will receive 1000 points; each subsequent finisher will receive 2 fewer points than the finisher before them. The first 10 finishers will be: first-1000, second-998, third-996, fourth-994, fifth-992, sixth-990, seventh-988, eighth-986, ninth-984 and tenth-982. Grand Champions are determined by adding a runner’s best seven scores to get their total championship points. Total championship points are used for overall.
CLYDESDALE & ATHENA:
You must register for Clydesdale or Athena divisions by August 1, 2020 to qualify for awards. A Clydesdale is any aged male weighing over 210 pounds. An Athena is any aged female weighing over 160 pounds. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grand Prix Award Volunteer Opportunities and the FARCMAN EXTRA MILE AWARD:
Grand Prix and FARCMAN awards are not just about racing, but also about volunteering in
the running community. There are three different ways to win the FARCMAN Extra Mile
- Complete all 12 Grand Prix races in the Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Series and volunteer for at least two FARC sponsored activities.
- Complete 11 races in the Grand Prix & volunteer for at least 3 FARC sponsored activities.
- Runners may also qualify by volunteering for events in which they participate; i.e. work at packet pick-up and run in the race. Please report your volunteer activities by e-mail to the FARC Grand Prix Director at email@example.com within 30 days of your volunteer event.
The following events are eligible volunteer opportunities for Grand Prix awards and the 2020 FARCMAN Extra Mile award:
- The Great Train Race (double volunteer time awarded)
- FARC booth at Marine Corps Historic Half-Marathon Expo (double volunteer time awarded)
- Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon (double volunteer time awarded)
- FARC Administration (Board of Directors, Race Directors, etc.)
- FARC Track Series at James Monroe High School
- All FARC-owned Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix races (Downtown Mile, Devil’s Den 10 Miler, Baron “Deuce” Braswell II Run Against Teen Violence 5K)
- FARC Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Annual Banquet
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT ANY RULES/VOLUNTEER EVENTS: